Happy Friday, West Michigan! Holiday events still make up the majority of the calendar for this weekend's shindigs (again marked in red), and it's safe to say that holiday spirits are definitely reaching their zenith. Is your tree trimmed? Nativity polished? Gifts wrapped? Then give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy some of the great events coming to an area near you, from The Holiday Magic Laser Light Show at the Grand Rapids Public Museum to Holiday Nights at the Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek.
Remember, we're drawing the winner for the Chateau Chantal wine tasting giveaway on Wednesday, December 22, so you have a few extra days to enter and recruit friends to enter as well (it's a tasting for six!).
A few other notes: for great snow sports ideas, go here, and to start planning Winter Break with the little ones, go here. Fun times guaranteed.
Starting This Weekend
- Grand Rapids Public Museum: Snowflake Break Days
- Battle Creek: Binder Park Zoo: Holiday Nights at the Zoo!
- Grand Rapids Art Museum: Winter Holiday Programming: Winter Spots and Dots
- Grand Rapids: The Voigt House: Christmas Break Kids Camps
- South Haven Center for the Arts: Circus Exhibit by Joan Bonnet and Wonders of the Woven World Exhibition
- Coopersville Farm Museum: Crafts with Mrs. Claus
- Traverse City: The Wellington Inn: Eighth Annual "Inn at Christmastime"
- Grand Rapids Public Museum: Bellistic! Youth Handbell Choir Concerts
- Muskegon Museum of Art: Cinema Sunday Film: Crazed Fruit
- Grand Rapids Art Museum: Sunday Classical Concert Series: Matt Albert
- Grand Rapids Public Museum: Holiday Magic Laser Light Show
- St. Joseph: Santa Claus
- Traverse City: Santa Visits Downtown Traverse City
- Muskegon: Lakeshore Museum Center: Hackley & Hume Historic Site: Historic Holiday Tours
- Battle Creek: International Festival of Lights
- Coopersville Farm Museum: Folk Music & Instruments of Rural America Exhibit
- Grand Rapids Art Museum: Diana - A Celebration and Selections from 100 Years/100 Works of Art
- Grand Rapids: Gerald R. Ford Museum: Betty Ford - An Extraordinary Life
- Grand Rapids: Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park: Christmas and Holiday Traditions from around the World and Sculptors Celebrate the Legacy of Fred and Lena Meijer
- Grand Rapids Public Museum: Bodies Revealed and Amway – 50 Years of Helping People Live Better Lives
- Holland Museum: Be Prepared! and Forever Young – A Retrospective of Bob Dylan Photographs
- Lowell: Sleighs Bells & Holly: A Gallery of Fine Art & Gifts
- Marshall: Cornwell’s Turkeyville USA: It’s A Wonderful Life
- Muskegon Museum of Art: Splendid Threads, Secret Messages: The Language of Japanese Kimonos, and The Enduring Gifts of Martin A. Ryerson
- Traverse City: Dennos Museum Center: One Woman’s Creative Journey, Stitching Stories of Miracles and Memories, and Celebrating Women