Most campgrounds open Memorial Day Weekend. But you may want to call ahead to find the exact dates. Whether you love "roughing it" in a tent or like the homey feel of an RV, West Michigan has campgrounds to fit everyone's needs.
A couple campgrounds in West Michigan:
- Double JJ Ranch, Rothbury, 800-DOUBLE-JJ, www.doublejj.com
- KOA Campground,Traverse City,www.traversecityKOA.com
- Pickerel Lakeside Campground and Cottages, Baldwin Area, 800-464-1468, www.LakeCamp-Cottages.com
- Sunny Brook RV Resort, South Haven, 888-499-5253, www.sunnybrookrvresort.com
- Hungry Horse Campground, Dorr, 616-681-9836, www.hungryhorsecampground.com
- Hill & Hollow Campground, Pentwater, 231-869-5811, www.hillandhollowcampground.com
Hey, have fun while camping this summer. It is going to be a beautiful summer and I don't think there is a better way to spend time with family and friends than around a campfire, playing games and barbecuing. Can't wait!