- Ski Rentals. The Rental Shop will now be located on the lower level of the Lodge at Cedar River. This will provide guests with a more streamlined experience, ample day lockers and plenty of restrooms. Plus ski-in/ski-out access to the Purple and Red Lifts and all of Schuss Mountain.
- Ski School. Ski school registration and lessons will be located at Cedar River. The registration area will be adjacent to ski rentals on the lower level of the Lodge.
- New Beginner Area. A new beginner ski area will be located at the Cedar River Village where the Alpine Tubing Park had been in previous years. A new 400-ft magic carpet will allow beginners to either stay in the beginner area or access the rest of Schuss’ slopes when they’re ready.
- Tubing. The Alpine Tubing Park will move to the top of Summit Mountain behind The Lakeview Hotel at the resort’s Summit Village. Improving the experience, instead of handle tows as in years past, guests will now enjoy magic carpet access back to the top.
- Day Lodge. The Snow Sports building at the base of the Yellow Chair Lift, where rentals and ski school had been previously, is being transformed into a new day lodge complete with seasonal lockers, day lockers, plus tables and vending machines for guests who choose to bring their own meals and snacks.
- Dining at Cedar River. The River Bistro, a new 12,000 sq ft restaurant and bar in The Lodge at Cedar River features full-service dining in a casual atmosphere with fireplace and a 48-ft bar. Featuring regional and international beers, fresh-fruit cocktails, and pub games like pool, darts, foosball and more.
- Ivan’s Café. Changes to transform Ivan’s into a premier skier’s cafeteria continue. New fixtures are arriving every day and new carpeting will be installed into the highest traffic areas.
- Day Care. Now located inside the Lodge at Cedar River.
- Parking and Egress. Parking will be expanded on Cedar River’s upper lot, and a new bridge to allow guest parking on the northwest side to access a new, closer lodge entrance into the lobby level.
- Transportation. New GPS tracking systems have been added to all vehicles and monitors are being installed at The Lakeview Hotel, the Conference Center, the Cedar River Lodge’s lobby, Ivan’s and the Schuss Day Lodge. These will indicate for guests how near (or far) a shuttle is to their location, and help keep the flow of traffic moving along.
- Transportation. Plus we are adding a new taxi service for guests’ whose needs extend beyond the regular shuttle route and much more.
For more information on the big changes happening at Shanty Creek Resorts this winter, visit http://www.shantycreek.com/bigchanges
An early winter means that the ski season is already underway! We hope you’ll come join us so that you can see all the big changes for yourself!