And what comes with beer? A festival obviously! That’s right- it’s almost that time again- time for the beer filled event that every enthusiast is counting down to: the Michigan Winter Beer Festival. Every year the Michigan’s Brewers Guild hosts four different beer festivals around Michigan: two in the fall that take place in Marquette and Detroit, one in the summer hosted in Ypsilanti and the infamous winter festival held right here in West Michigan. For the past six years, thousands of beer lovers pack into the Fifth Third Ballprak in Comstock Park for beer, food, fun and the singing of the Michigan Beer Anthem. That’s right; Michigan beer is so awesome that we even have our own beer song.
The festival is an outdoor celebration of Michigan beer, featuring more than 250 different beers from over 45 breweries. Hot food and live music is always on the agenda and the show goes on snow, rain or shine. Dress for winter weather and let the hearty winter brews warm your soul.
In the spirit of the festival we took a poll around the office today to find out everyone’s favorite West Michigan Beer- here is what we found:
- Judy- Oval Beach Blonde Ale- Saugatuck Brewing Company
- Tom- Reds Rye- Founders Brewing Company- Grand Rapids
- Bruce- Mad Hatter IPA- New Holland Brewery- Holland
- Shannon- Breakfast Stout- Founders Brewing Company
- Cheri- Heirloom Ale- New Holland Brewery- Holland
- Kelly- Maggie’s Irish Ale- Saugatuck Brewing Company- Douglas
- Intern Matthew (yes, he is 21)- Pale Ale- Founders Brewing Company- Grand Rapids
Cheers! Slainte! Prost!