Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Weekend Idea Round-Up

"Roof! I love the mitten!" - Scooter
Happy Friday, West Michigan Weekly readers!It's certainly been a fun day here at the WMTA headquarters, mostly from our new four legged friend, Scooter.Tom Blossfeld, Northwest Account Manager, was adopted by Scooter last weekend -yes, she adopted him - and today she's been keeping us company, merrily trotting from one office to the next, greeting each of us with a sloppy kiss and wag of the tail. You can always tell where she's at by the comments floating through the air. One minute I'll hear Kelly say "Look at your big puppy eyes. I love them!" then a moment later Judy will call "No jelly beans for you! Get outta there." She'll finally come to my side, giving me a lovable look and a needed break from working on this year's travel guide. Perhaps she's the West Michigan Wonder Pit?

Isn't it amazing how quickly we bond with dogs? They're certainly man's best friend, which is why so many love to keep them close even during their travels. Scooter gives me the perfect opportunity to plug West Michigan's many dog-friendly establishments (including our office!). If you're planning a trip with your favorite canine, be sure to check out this page.

Now on to today's Cartier Mansion announcement! Are you on the edge of your seats with suspense? I certainly hope so.

And the winner is...
Camilla!

Congratulations, Camilla. Please send me your address at shannon@wmta.org by January 28th, and I'll mail out your certificate.

As always, here is a list of great events happening this weekend. Be sure to have your cameras poised and ready for the start of West Michigan Wednesday next week. I can't wait to see your photos!

High five,

-Shannon

All Weekend

Friday & Saturday

Saturday

Saturday & Sunday

Starting This Weekend
Don't Forget

    No comments: