I've decided to display everyone's favorites, including my own, for an artful Friday feast for your eyes.
|Hippo and the Hand by Peter Beard|
|The Seine At Asnieres by Pierre Auguste Renoir|
|Summer Sun by Dale Chihuly|
|The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali|
|Diego a la Chemise Ecossaise by Alberto Giacometti|
|The Dance by Henri Matisse|
|Water Lilies by Claude Monet|
|The Night Watch by Rembrandt van Rijn|
|Lying Cow by Vincent Van Gogh|
And the winner is...
The Night Watch, i.e. Ethan!
Congratulations, Ethan. Please send me an e-mail at email@example.com so we can hook you up with your Muskegon Museum of Art prize pack.
Inspiration has surely settled in, so spend this weekend celebrating art. Here are a few ideas in our Weekend Idea Round-Up, and as always, creative and cultural events in West Michigan can always be found at WMTA's art preview.
Starting This Weekend
- Houghton Lake: Tip-Up Town USA
- Grand Rapids Art Museum: Class Pictures: Photographs by Dawoud Bey
- South Haven Center for the Arts: Regional Juried Art Exhibit
- Gaylord: Treetops Resort: Fabulous 50's Weekend
- Fennville: Fenn Valley Vineyards: Chili Cookoff & Wine Lovers Potluck
- Interlochen Center for the Arts: Joshua Roman with the Interlochen Arts Academy Orchestra
- Shanty Creek: Beer & Boards Microbrew Festival
Saturday & Sunday
- Grand Rapids Art Museum: Diana - A Celebration and Selections from 100 Years/100 Works of Art
- Grand Rapids: Gerald R. Ford Museum: Betty Ford - An Extraordinary Life
- Grand Rapids Public Museum: Bodies Revealed
- Muskegon Museum of Art: Splendid Threads, Secret Messages: The Language of Japanese Kimonos and We Are the Ship: the Story of Negro League Baseball
- South Haven Center for the Arts: Circus Exhibit by Joan Bonnet